Take your knowledge to the next level
Cloudera University’s four-day data analyst training course will teach you to apply traditional data analytics and business intelligence skills to big data tools like Apache Impala (incubating), Apache Hive, and Apache Pig. Cloudera presents the tools data professionals need to access, manipulate, transform, and analyze complex data sets using SQL and familiar scripting languages.
Learn a modern toolset
Students will have the chance to learn and work with modern tools, such as:
Get hands-on experience
- Apache Impala (incubating) enables instant interactive analysis of the data stored in Hadoop via a native SQL environment.
- Apache Hive provides a SQL-like query language with HiveQL that makes data accessible to analysts, database administrators, and others without Java programming expertise.
- Apache Pig applies the fundamentals of familiar scripting languages to the Hadoop cluster.
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning
What to expect
- Acquire, store, and analyze data using features in Pig, Hive, and Impala
- Perform fundamental ETL (extract, transform, and load) tasks with Hadoop tools
- Use Pig, Hive, and Impala to improve productivity for typical analysis tasks
- Join diverse datasets to gain valuable business insight
- Perform interactive, complex queries on datasets
This course is designed for data analysts, business intelligence specialists, developers, system architects, and database
administrators. Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required.
- Knowledge of SQL is assumed
- Basic familiarity with the Linux command line is expected
- Knowledge of a scripting language (such as Bash scripting, Perl, Python, or Ruby) is helpful but not essential.
Upon completion of the course, attendees are encouraged to continue their study and register for the CCA Data Analyst exam.
Certification is a great differentiator. It helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.